- Protecting cutting tools: Cutting tools like saw blades, drill bits, and planer knives can be damaged when they come into contact with hidden nails, screws, or other metal objects embedded in the wood. Replacing or repairing these tools can be costly. By using a denailing metal detector, you can identify and remove hidden metal before working with the wood, reducing the risk of damage to your tools.
- Preventing injuries: Coming into contact with metal objects while working with wood can lead to accidents and injuries. For example, a nail hidden in a board could cause a saw blade to kick back or shatter, potentially injuring the woodworker. Using a metal detector to find and remove hidden metal can reduce the risk of such accidents and help ensure a safer work environment.
- Saving time and materials: Wood with hidden metal objects can become unusable if the metal damages your cutting tools or if the wood is split or cracked during cutting. By detecting metal before starting work, you can avoid wasting time and materials on unusable pieces.
- Enhancing the quality of the finished product: Removing hidden metal objects ensures that the finished project is free of imperfections caused by metal interference, such as scratches or dents. This results in a more professional-looking end product.
- Preserving the value of reclaimed wood: Reclaimed wood often has unique characteristics, such as color, texture, and grain patterns, which can add value and beauty to woodworking projects. By using a metal detector to locate and remove hidden metal, you can preserve the quality and value of the reclaimed wood.
Little Wizard II Denailing Metal Detector
The Little Wizard was created by @BillyCarmen beginning 1999 and are the only metal detectors created specifically for woodworkers to us when denailing reclaimed wood.
Like any specialized tool this detector requires proper tuning and understanding of how to properly use. It's a Wizard but it is not magic!!! It's a real life metal detector that works very well when used as suggested. So please read and understand the directions. We are here 100% if you need.
For Best Detection Requires NEW 9 volt battery with at least 8.6 volts. We suggest Duracell (not lithium batteries). Please do not just grab a battery out of your drawer and flop in. Save yourself time and detect metal with a brand new shiny full strength Duracell (non lithium) battery. A fresh battery is your best friend in metal detection!!!
The Little Wizard is a precision hand held metal detector designed especially for woodworkers to use when denailing reclaimed wood. Perfect for scanning recycled wood for denailing to help find screws and nails before planing, routing, sanding or sawing, and other forms of metal detection.
The Little Wizard accurately indicates metal buried inside recycled wood by emitting a high pitch beep tone and illuminating an array of LED's. The Little Wizard can pinpoint the exact location of metal. No guessing, extensive physical searching or unnecessary visual searching is needed with the Little Wizard for denailing.
The Little Wizard is widely used by woodworkers everywhere for denailing reclaimed wood. It will save your steel woodworking blades and knives. It's small size and unique detection strength allow it to be used to quickly detect damaging nails, screws and other dangerous metal buried inside of wood. The Little Wizards adjustable sensitivity makes pinpointing easy and accurate. The Little Wizard precisely indicates metal by emitting a high pitch beep tone and illuminating an array of LED's.
There's simply no better economical, portable metal detector made for helping with denailing wood.
Lumber Wizard 5 Denailing Metal Detector
The Lumber Wizard 5 denailing metal detector with laser is a wand type metal detector that is designed to alert woodworkers whenever a metal object such as a nail, pin, bolt, wire, staples, etc. are buried inside wood. By sounding an immediate alert, the user is able to quickly locate then retrieve the metal object so as to prevent injury or tool damage. A laser line indicator illuminates when detection events occur, thereby allowing user to easily see where metal is buried. Regular use of the device will help to reduce damages of tools and injuries.
New for 2019.... The Lumber Wizard 5 Laser Line is the latest version of Wizard Industries' flagship woodworking metal detector for denailing. A powerful precision hand-held metal detector with automatic tuning and a laser indicator designed specifically for woodworkers, It helps to speed denailing to detect small metal objects hidden inside new or used lumber.
The new version features easier one-handed use, with automatic calibration every time the unit is turned on, and better false-positive rejection. Undetected nails, screws or other metal fragments when denailing can damage expensive jointer, planer and saw blades. Flying metal can also cause serious injury. Easy to use, the Lumber Wizard 5 helps woodworkers prevent equipment damage and personal injury.
The Lumber Wizard has received rave reviews for denailing for over two decades from woodworkers and magazines across the country, and the new 5 version is even better!
Automatic Tuning each time detector is turned on.
Laser Line Indicator Projects Red Line onto scanned surface when metal is found.
Helps pinpoint nails, screws, bullets and wire inside new or used lumber.
Helps prevent costly blade damage and shop down time when denailing
Quickly scan any size wood.
Not affected by moisture content of wood.
6" wide scanning area.
Durable, sturdy plastic casing.
One 9 volt battery required.
1 year warranty.
A new fully charged 9-Volt battery commonly for days of daily constant use.
Indications of a low 9-volt battery voltage are inconsistent detection or flashing alternating LED's.
Always Use A New 9-Volt Battery. A fresh fully charged battery provides the most detection strength and uses time. A partially charged battery can cause false readings, less detection depth, and inconsistent laser.
A fresh, fully charged 9-volt battery provides more than ample use time and better denailing.
A low battery can cost you blades, material, and lost time......
Length, 15"; width, 3-1/8"; height 1-1/8"; weight, 13 oz.
Detects nails, screws, wire, bullets, and other metal objects inside recycled wood
Quick, one-handed operation
6"-wide scanning area for faster scans
A Powerful Metal Detector Designed Specifically For Wood Workers! The New LUMBER WIZARD 5 Auto-Tuning Laser Line Woodworking Metal Detector is the latest version of Wizard Industries' flagship woodworking metal detector.